In this post, I’ll help you with getting the best alkaline water machine for your home. You’ll learn about what features to look for, important things to consider, and the benefits.
Here is an overview of the top 5 (click on the link to see it on Amazon):
Understanding alkaline water filtration is really simple.
We all can recall the concepts of acids and bases from our high school chemistry class. The pH scale measures acidity and alkalinity on a scale of 0 to 14.
Regular tap water is right in the middle, with a pH of 7. It’s considered neutral; neither acidic nor alkaline.
An alkaline water machine uses electrolysis to raise the PH of water to about 8 or 9, typically. Thus, it makes it more alkaline or basic, and less acidic.
The idea is that since our stomach is naturally acidic, drinking slightly alkaline water will have a neutralizing effect.
I know from my own personal experience that alkaline water has health benefits. It’s a powerful antioxidant, it boosts the immune system, and promotes better hydration. There are numerous benefits, which I will get into later.
First, I want to share my top picks for the best alkaline water filters to buy. These are the ones with the cleanest and healthiest water.
The Top 5 Best Alkaline Water Ionizer Machines
1. Air Water Life Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.0
This is the water filter that has given me the best results, not just for drinking water but for other purposes too. It’s really a holistic home appliance that you can use for all your water needs in the kitchen.
It has 7 different settings for water filtration. These are: cooking, tea/coffee, daily drinking, initial drinking, purified water, cosmetics, and household cleaning. It uses different water filtration depending what you need the water for. If you just want to drink a glass of water, you’d use a different setting than if you wanted to use it for brewing coffee.
- It has a wide range of options for water filtration
- It makes the food taste better, because it retains the flavor and taste that sometimes gets lost in acidic water
- The water from this dispenser goes down smoothly and makes you wanna drink it more
- It’s easy to install
- Air Water Life gives very personal and active customer support
- The maximum amount of water it can filter is about 4000 liters, then it needs to be changed
2. Platinum Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
This Platinum water ionizer is one of the high-end alkaline water machines. And it’s number 2 on my list because of its reliability and great overall system.
It had a wide range of pH settings, from 2.0 to 12.0. It works through electrolysis, like most other water ionizers. It separates the minerals in the water to an ORP value from +600mV to -800mV. This newly filtered water is rich in antioxidants, if it has a higher pH than 7.
It uses 2 water filters. You’re recommended to use the filter for a year, and then replace it. There are filters available to buy online, for this specific machine.
- It’s easy to set up and the instructions are simple to follow
- It has a useful voice prompt
- It produces fresh and healthy water which you can feel immediately when you take a sip
- It’s long-lasting and has a high capacity
- It’s designed to only fit on the counter top of a kitchen; it can’t fit under the kitchen sink
3. Air Water Life Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 5.0
This is another ionizer in the Deluxe series by Air Water Life, which is probably the best brand that makes alkaline water ionizers.
The latest one, Deluxe 9.0, is number one on my list. But that doesn’t mean that the models that came before it are bad, or that they’re not useful anymore.
In fact, the Deluxe 5.0 is quite different from the 9.0, and some people prefer it to the 9.0. There are several reasons why this is a great water ionizer. Here are the Pros:
- It it has a diverse range of settings: cooking, brewing, and drinking
- It uses electrolysis on the water very discreetly
- This water ionizer is really compact (it weighs only 10 pounds)
- It’s very affordable
- Good customer service
- It’s difficult to open the water filter cover when you need to change it
4. Life Water Ionizer M7
The Life Ionizers M-series are one of the most high-end and expensive alkaline water machines in the market. This review is about the M7. There are also the M9 and M11.
These alkaline water machines are actually the most advanced and capable in the market. The only reason it isn’t number one on my list is because of the cost.
It costs upwards of $2000, and the M11 even costs up to $4000. So the reason I don’t recommend this as my first choice is that you don’t really have to spend this much money to get a good water alkalizer. But for people who can afford it and want to go the extra mile, this is a great choice.
- This water ionizer a very high antioxidant benefit, with an ORP of up to -700 mV
- It reduces oxidative stress and benefits our eyes, lungs, and skin
- It’s especially relieving for people who are suffering from debilitating or terminal illness
- It’s very durable and built with 7 platinum-coated titanium plates
- It’s listed in Physician’s Desk Reference, which is a publication by physicians prescribing information
5. Tyent UCE-11 Water Ionizer
This is a smart water ionizer with a very unique design. It’s an under counter ionizer, so it’s very different from the rest of the water filters on this list. It’s made from 11 platinum plates and it uses about 10 Amps of power. It has 2 internal filters and it claims to remove 99.9% of harmful particles from the water.
It’s operated through a touch screen and it also has a voice guide. The item weighs 18 pounds in total. It’s FDA approved and has a UL safety certification. The pH range is between 2 and 12. Here are the pros and cons:
- It’s very compact and doesn’t take up as much space as the other water ionizers
- It uses smart and innovative technology
- It’s an effective filter
- It’s easy to use
- It can be tricky to set up at first
What Is An Alkaline Water Machine And How Does It Work?
As I said above, an alkaline water machine is a filter that increases the pH of water. As the pH of water increases, it becomes more basic/alkaline.
These machines are attached to your faucet, which connects them to the direct water supply. This is convenient because you can just get alkaline water from the tap, without having to follow any extra steps.
The filter uses the process of electrolysis to decompose (or split) the water into hydrogen and oxygen. Then it produces 2 streams of water – one is alkaline and the other is oxidized. You can use alkaline water for drinking, while oxidized water for cleaning.
What Are The Benefits Of A Water Ionizer?
There are numerous health benefits (and other benefits) of alkaline water machines. Some people are skeptical of its health benefits, but lots of people who drink alkaline water can confirm them.
Here are the main benefits of using a water ionizer:
- Antioxidants: Water from alkalizer machines is rich in antioxidants. It protects your body against free radicals, which are harmful atoms that can hurt out immune system. It also has the potential to help prevent various diseases.
- Taste: A lot of people, including myself, find the taste of alkaline water to be better than that of regular tap water. The alkaline water tastes fresh and slightly sweet. It tastes like how you’d expect the water from an Artesian spring to taste.
- Detox: If you’ve ever heard of detoxification, or detox for short, it’s about washing away toxins and cleansing your body. They’re a popular trend, and one of the key pillars is to drink a lot of water. Indeed, drinking water gives you a refreshing feeling, and it helps clean away toxins.
- Balancing body pH: It’s important for our body to balance our pH levels. It’s constantly trying to strike a healthy balance between acidic and basic. For most people, the typical diet they consume leads to overly acidic blood. Water ionizers help balance that by giving us alkaline water.
- Hydration: Alkaline water is actually more easily absorbed than regular water. That’s because it has smaller molecules, making it easier for the body to absorb it. This leads to better hydration, which is always a good thing.
Important Features To Look For In An Alkaline Water Ionizer
Here are some tips that will help you with buying a water ionizer:
- Budget: Before you decide which one to buy, it’s a good idea to look at your budget. Alkaline water machine prices can range from $500 to $3000. So once you know your budget, you can narrow down your list of choices. If you’re not constrained by any budget, then great.
- Number of plates: Plates are the feature that convert the water into alkaline. The number of plates is usually between 3 and 11. The more plates you have, the higher the pH range and the better the water flow.
- Fit: The water machine can either fit on the countertop, under the countertop, or both (convertible). Convertible is the best option, as it gives you flexibility and lets you set up the machine in either place.
- Warranty & Service: It’s a good idea to buy from a brand that’s trusted and provides quality customer support. Some of the best brand are Air Water Life, Tyent, and Life Ionizers.
This is a guest post written by Gisela Corina.