Do you already have a massage chair at home?
If not, you should get one.
It’s the best way to wind down after a hard day of work. Lying down on a bed is fine, but it’s just not relaxing enough. You don’t get to activate and massage the key areas that comfort you.
Here is an overview of the top 10 (click on the link to see it on Amazon):
A massage chair is like a home spa; you can use it whenever you want. Even on your days off, you can just sit on it and relax. I like to read a book or watch TV while I’m using mine. But often I’ll just close my eyes and rest. It helps clear up my head.
I know that one reason people are hesitant to get a massage chair is the cost. A high-end massage chair definitely costs a lot of money.
But if you’re looking for a cheap and affordable massage chair, there are many options available! Massage chairs come in all kinds of price ranges and features.
And while massage chairs may cost some money, they’re a high-return investment. Keep in mind that they will last for years, so will enjoy their benefits for a long time.
And their benefits are really huge. Stress relief from a massage improves your quality of life. It makes you more active, alert, and happy. It also reduces medical costs in the long-run; when you have less stress, you’re less likely to be plagued by health issues.
In this post, I’m going to review my top 10 picks for the best massage chairs. This is a very diverse list, with different price, size, function, and more.
Top 10 Best Massage Chairs
1. Kahuna LM6800 Massage Chair
The Kahuna LM6800 is my pick for the best all-round massage chair. It’s the one that I personally use for my home massages. So I can vouch for its quality.
The reason that I picked this massage chair for the number one spot is simple. It has the most features in a very modest and reasonably priced package.
The features are very high-quality too. It uses advanced technology and mechanisms that provide a very relaxing and therapeutic experience. I’m surprised that this massage chair costs less than $2000. It’s the best massage chair for the money that I’ve come across.
- This chair has an L-track roller massage system. This is a system that helps you get as close to a full body massage as possible with the current technology
- Zero gravity: This is one if the few massage chairs that I’ve felt truly makes me seem weightless
- It utilizes lots of different techniques to give you a full-body massage, such as dual foot rollers, airbags, foot padding, and air cell technology
- Space-saving technology during zero gravity
- It has a variety of programs, including yoga stretching, heating therapy, Kyro function, and the Kahuna Signature SH-Chiro program
- The fabric on the foot roller is too thin, which can cause some people’s feet to hurt (add extra padding)
2. Luraco Technologies iRobotics 7
iRobotics 7 by Lucario Technologies is the best high-end and expensive massage chair. It was not easy finding a high-end massage chair that provided the best bang for its buck. There are many massage chairs that cost above $5000, but not all of them are great.
In fact, I always recommend people to get one that costs under $5000, because it’s really not necessary to spend that extra money to get some nice perks and benefits.
But since this is a diverse list, I intended to include at least one high-end massage chair. I picked this massage chair because of its wholesome set of features and its (currently) perfect 5-star rating on Amazon. And upon further inspection, this is almost certainly as perfect as an expensive massage chair can get.
- It’s built and tested in The United States
- iRobotics 7 can be controlled by a handheld touch-screen remote control. It’s very durable and easy to use
- There are 9 auto programs: health, soft, quick, morning, night, sport, shiatsu, stretch, and TV
- It uses advanced technology, such as 5-user memory storage and full-body scan
- It has a ton of cool features to try out
- The high price tag
3. Relaxon Chair MK-II Plus
Relaxon Chair MK-II Plus is a high-quality, full-body, zero-gravity massage chair. It’s a step away from the high-end massage chairs, as this massage chair is very affordable.
For most people, I recommend massage chairs in this price range. That is, between $1000 and $2000. At this range, you can get quality features without spending a lot of money. There are many good massage chairs under $1000, which I also include on this list. But to get better quality and reliability, you should probably spend at least $1000.
As for the super expensive massage chairs, like the Lucaro Technologies iRobotics 7, I only recommend them for the few people who want to spend that much money. They’re usually looking for a premium, luxury, and long-term massage option at home.
- There are 3 zero gravity positions, which are incredibly relaxing and well-programmed
- This chair has 4 automated programs and 5 different massages that mimic a human massage
- It also has lumbar back heating, which is very comfortable and it improves your posture
- This massage chair comes with a large and very resourceful remote
- The foot roller can be a bit too intense or rough
4. Real Relax Full-Body Shiatsu Massage Chair
This massage chair by Real Relax is the best cheap massage chair (that costs under $1000). So why is it the best cheap option? Well, there are plenty of reasons, but the main one is that it has a great zero-gravity feature.
This is an advanced feature that’s found mostly in high-end massage chairs. Some low-priced massage chairs also have a zero-gravity function, but it’s usually not that great. In most cases, it’s not even “zero-gravity”. It’s just a recliner that leans back and slaps the label “zero-gravity” on it.
The Real Relax massage chair has a zero-gravity setting that actually works very nicely. It’s not at the same level as the premium massage chairs, but it’s surprisingly advanced.
- This chair’s zero-gravity massage is soothing and comfortable
- It’s compact and portable; it weighs only 200 pounds and has two wheels at the base
- There are 4 automatic programs, 8 massage points in the backrest, waist-heater, and an armrest
- The remote control has a high-definition display screen
- It doesn’t have a body scanner or custom memory saving
- It has a limited number of features
5. BestMassage EC-06
EC-06 by BestMassage is a very nice affordable massage chair. It’s one of the best under $1000. BestMassage is well-known for making home massage products, including massage tables, massage chairs, tools, accessories, and more. They’re one of the best brands in this industry.
This Shiatsu massage chair is no different. It follows in the company’s lost list of comfortable, high-quality, and affordable massage products. Here are the Pros of this massage chair:
- It has very effective massage rollers that leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated
- It has an intelligent and pragmatic design
- The design conforms to the shape and contour of your back, so that it minimizes resistance and optimizes relaxation
- High level of user satisfaction
- It doesn’t have a foot roller for its foot massages (it uses air bags instead)
6. Ideal Massage Shiatsu Chair
Ideal Massage is a lesser known retailer that produces massage chairs and similar home products. Despite the low brand value, this massage chair is one of highest-rated and best-selling in the market.
It’s a full-body zero-gravity Shiatsu massage chair. It’s known for having a large, comfortable material along with a wide selection of features. It’s also known for the display and control panel that’s fitted on the arm rest. Here are the Pros of this massage chair:
- It has a good deal of diversity in its programs and settings (4 auto programs and 4 massage functions)
- This chair gives authentic massages that feel human
- There are 3 zero gravity positions
- Heat therapy adds an extra flavor to the massage, making it more relaxing
- For the recline function, you don’t have control over how much leg lift you want
7. BestMassage Zero Gravity Shiatsu Chair
As with the EC-06, this massage chair has a brand quality that increases your trust in it. The company, Best Massage, sells an array of massage-related products. But most important, they’re high quality and deliver a good user experience.
BestMassage is known for making affordably massage chairs. The intention is pretty clear: To sell a massage chair for a low price, while trying to retain the same that you’d expect from a high-end massage chair like the Inada Dreamwave or the iRobotics 7.
Of course, it can’t have the same features as the high-end ones. You get what you pay for, and you can’t expect to get a luxury home massage chair by spending only $800. But, it still manages to have many good features that makes it a worthwhile massage chair to keep in your home.
- It has a foot roller, which is pretty rare for most massage chairs in this price range
- Foot rollers improve the blood flow and just relax the user more
- It has a smooth and all-black design that looks good
- It has a sensor that automatically detects the user’s shoulder and neck position, giving a more precise massage
- It’s versatile
8. Kahuna SM7300
Kahuna SM-7300 is a high-quality and advanced massage chair.
It has a unique, coffee-colored design. This color suits a massage chair well, for some reason. I think it’s because coffee reminds you of mornings. And massages are great to get in the morning. They loosen you up, clear your head, and prepare you for the day.
There are a lot of features to discuss in this massage chair, and why it’s one of the best in the market. Here are the Pros:
- 6-wheel roller system with SL-track technology massages the whole body, especially key areas
- It uses 9 automatic programs to massage the body
- The options are also not just small variations, they’re pretty different from each other
- It has a really cool LED light on the side
- It doesn’t have user memory storage settings
9. Ogawa Smart 3D Massage Chair
Ogawa Smart 3D is one of the most high-end and expensive massage chairs on this list. For this kind of price, it better be an amazing massage chair that delivers on way more than your average chair.
Is this chair worth the high price, and is it a good investment? Read the Pros to find out:
- It has 17 programs, 6 basic massage techniques, and 6 advanced techniques
- It has soft and comfortable foot rollers that actually make you want to get a foot massage
- This chair’s comfort level and massages are amazing
- It uses smart technology and is convenient to operate
- It provides entertainment during massages, through the smart tablet
- When it reclines, some of the massage coverage for the arm is lost
10. Inada Dreamwave
Inada Dreamwave is one the most popular and well-known massage chairs in the industry. It’s sort of the “gold-standard” of high-end massage chairs. It costs nearly $9000, so it’s very expensive. It’s a very sought-after chair.
The reason I didn’t put it higher on my list is that it’s not as relevant in 2018 now. It’s sort of an old-school massage chair. There are newer and better models now. That said, the Dreamwave still remains one of the best massage chairs, and I couldn’t not include on my list.
- It uses body-scanning technology and locates shiatsu points on your body
- The technology is carefully designed to apply just the right amount of pressure on your body
- It has advanced heat therapy
- There are 16 automatic programs and hundreds of massage combinations
- This massage chair has more coverage than most other chairs (over 1,200 square inches)
- It can be complicated to use at first
Tips For Buying A Massage Chair
Not sure which massage chair to get? Don’t worry, because it doesn’t have to be complicated. I’m going to show you the most important things to look for in a massage chair. These include features that a chair should have, as well as your own budget and preferences.
- Budget: Before making a purchase, you should always look at the cost. Be sure to include the price and the shipping cost, as this is the total amount you will pay. Knowing your budget will narrow down the choices you can choose from.
- 3 categories: I classify massage chairs into 3 categories: basic, medium, and premium. The basic one costs less than $1000, and has a simple set of features. The medium one costs between $1000 and $4000. The premium one costs more than $500, and is the most advanced. The more you pay for the massage chair, the better and more advanced features you will get.
- Zero Gravity: Zero gravity is one of the best and most discussed features in a massage chair. I recommend getting a chair with the zero gravity function, because it’s therapeutic and relaxing. Some basic massage chairs might not have this functions, so make sure that you buy one which does.
- Heat Therapy: A lot massage chairs, especially the more advanced ones, use heat therapy. I love this feature, because it makes the massages even more relaxing. Heat just relaxes the body more. While this is not a necessary feature, I recommend getting it, because of it’s cool benefits.
- Size & Weight: Before making that purchase, it’s a good idea to know what the dimensions and weight of the massage chair are. Massage chairs are usually pretty big, and they need some space to be properly set up and recline. So before buying it, plan ahead to know where you will place the chair. Some massage chairs have a space-saving function, which doesn’t take up extra space when they recline.
- Entertainment: This feature is mostly reserved for the premium and advanced massage chairs. For example, a chair might have a tablet built-in. Some people get bored during massages, so they want entertainment. It’s not even necessary, since you can just use a phone or watch TV.
- Warranty: Since a massage chair is a big purchase, make sure that it comes with at least a 1 year or 2 year warranty.
This is a guest post written by Jean Wright.